Job Title: Procurement Officer – AMBSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO)
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) Profile:
Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) www.ambso.org is a ‘Private Not for profit (PNFP) organization working in partnership with Uro Care Hospital, with its Head offices at Nansana, along Hoima Road and satellite offices in Hoima and Masaka. AMBSO conducts a wide range of activities of public health interest including clinical research, community-based health surveillance research; programs for health care service delivery and capacity building among health care workers and community health workers.
With funding from Gilead Sciences Inc. and in collaboration with MUJHU care limited, AMBSO will participate in a six year multi-site PURPOSE 1 study that is aimed at evaluating the efficacy of Lenacapavir (LEN) and Emitricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (F/TAF) in preventing HIV transmission among adolescent girls and young women (AGYWs) at high risk of acquiring HIV infection. AMBSO is seeking for qualified, committed and reliable professionals to work at its Masaka and Hoima research sites. Applications are therefore invited from interested persons to fill the position listed above.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communication with suppliers, contractors, and department officials and employees regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Drafting, review, and comparison of specifications and prices of competitive items and also examining, inspecting, and comparing of the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased for project purposes.
- Drafting, editing, review, and interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations; and the awarding, final negotiation, and/or recommendation of contract awards within prescribed limits.
- Purchases goods and services within established limits as provided by Procurement manual.
- Contacts suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and affixes authorizing signature before ordering.
- Checks accuracy of funding information.
- Informs staff of purchasing procedures and regulations.
- Maintains purchasing records. Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations.
- Evaluates information to ensure compliance with donor and organization policies and public procurement and contract law.
- Assists higher level buyers with the selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Conducts market research concerning prices for items required.
- Support with processing requisitions.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field; and two (2) years of full-time professional-level experience
- Clerical, word processing, and/or Microsoft office application skills.
- Riding and driving skills is an added advantage.
How To Apply for AMBSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to: Uro Care-AMBSO office-Nansana (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone). Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org. (PDF file only).
Deadline: 15th October 2021at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.