IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – Diploma Anesthetic Officer
Job Title: Anesthetic Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
The anesthetic officer will be responsible for administering anesthesia and managing patients in the theatre and post-operative patients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning and budgeting for Anesthetic activities in the hospital.
- Preparing patients for anesthesia and administering it.
- Providing pre and post-operative care to patient.
- Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations.
- Maintaining anesthetic operational equipment and ensuring their functionality.
- Requisitioning and accounting for anesthetic materials and sundries.
- Supervising and appraising staff.
- Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics.
- Supporting research activities.
- Compiling and submitting reports to relevant authorities.
- Provide regular feedback to the Medical Officer on activity in the theater including patients’ condition and progress.
- Assist in preparation of reports.
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Midwifery with a Diploma in Anesthesia from a recognized Institution.
- At least three (3) years working experience in a busy CeMONC site with a functional theatre.
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating theatre activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Guidance and counselling.
- Concern for quality and standards of anestheological work.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Self-control and Stress management.
- Time management.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 19th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.