Job Title: Procurement Assistant – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
The purpose of the UN Volunteer assignment is to provide support to the procurement team in UNICEF Uganda by strengthening:
- The sourcing function, through the development of a sustainable system to manage vendor profiles, including all information that is fed to UNICEF through both passive and active sourcing.
- The tools available to compare costs across different implementation modalities, considering all cost drivers (direct, indirect) and relevant programmatic parameters
Through this support, the UN Volunteer will be directly exposed to the supply & logistics function in UNICEF, gain experience in the procurement processes and strategies within UNICEF and learn about the impact that the supply work can have on results for children.
The UN Volunteer would support these tasks, by working within the Supply & Logistics Section, and directly interacting with other team members in the Procurement Unit, as well as Programme and Operations sections within UNICEF Uganda. The national UN Volunteer would also work with suppliers, other UN agencies and relevant stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Supply & Logistics Manager, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Review the sourcing information available in UNICEF Uganda, including recent market surveys, in-house databases, vendor profiles.
- Sort the information available, screen expressions of interest and enter the relevant data in an interim database
- Assess different system options for consolidation of sourcing information, considering sustainability and ease of use
- Develop a concept note for an integrated sourcing approach (system and processes) that fits the programmatic and operational context of the Uganda Country Office
- Support the implementation of the adopted system
- Review implementation of recent interventions in WASH (e.g. supply and installation of water systems, upgrade of WASH facilities) and assess cost drivers.
- Develop a costing template that can be used to predict total cost of ownership for infra-structure projects across different implementation modalities
- Provide ad-hoc support to the procurement function, as deemed necessary during the course of the internship
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Existing passive sourcing applications sorted and entered into an interim database.
- Concept note for UNICEF Uganda sourcing
- Sourcing system developed and implemented
- Costing model for WASH interventions developed and tested, including VfM metrics that can be used for reporting
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
Minimum Qualifications for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Environmental Health, Public Health or related fields.
- 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing, market research, supply chain management or related field would be an asset
- Any technical courses in areas related to supply chain management would be an asset.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.