Job Title: Associate Fleet Management Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021:
Under the direct supervision of the Admin Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate, manage and support all the fleet management activities in the Office.
- Implement effective fleet management that regularly monitors the fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation.
- Apply UNHCR’s fleet management strategy when preparing plans for purchase of important fleet assets. Conduct spend analyses using historical spend data to identify trends that can be used to plan procurement activities and Frame Agreements.
- Plan for acquisition, maintenance and replacement of fleet assets. Develop local fleet management replacement
- strategies taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing fleet related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Respond to field requests for information and advice and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units to provide a clear, consistent and timely response to the field.
- Collect information both in the field and in HQ, to ensure relevant and appropriate in-formation is gathered and shared.
- Promote an understanding of concerns, objectives and priorities for fleet related issues by providing information or expertise to interested parties.
- Infrastructure Support
- Provide fleet management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all fleet assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of fleet related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in fleet related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on fleet management.
- Coordinate the management of drivers and the weekly plan of movement.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Key Results/Expected Outputs:
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring, and formal on-the-job training when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counter-parts, including Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment;
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
- Successful implementation and maintenance of UNHCR standard practices in vehicle fleet management procedures.
- Assurance of a cost-effective and appropriately-sized fleet.
- Successful implementation and maintenance of vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and systems.
- Correct vehicle usage of procedures by UNHCR drivers as per the drivers’ rules and regulations.
- Accurately controlled, recorded and monitored drivers and vehicle logbooks.
- Fully trained drivers with developed skills and standards to the highest international safety standards.
- Effective and professional communication with other units within the representation to en-sure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of personnel and goods to destinations within the operational zone.
- Ability to oversee, manage and operate fleet activities of the representation, supported by correct and cost-effective use of budget.
- Maintain regular, timely and accurate reporting.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Mechanical trade qualification or Engineering Certificate required; Basic Training Course for delegates or equivalent knowledge preferred.
- At least three years of experience in A minimum of three years of experience working in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement, and in managing and supporting staff. The following experience is preferred: in other UN organizations, working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country and/or working in fleet and transport management within UNHCR.
- Area(s) of expertise Logistics and Inventory, Transport
- Driving license
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in area of specialty and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently in austere, remote and potentially hazardous environments for protracted periods, involving physical hardship and little comfort, and including possible extensive travel within the area of operations; willingness to transfer to other duty stations within area of operations as may be necessary
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.