Sightsavers Uganda Jobs 2021 – Project Coordinator (Trachoma)
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Trachoma) – Sightsavers Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities can participate equally in society. Sightsavers works in more than 30 countries to prevent avoidable blindness and fight for the rights of people with disabilities.
We treat eye conditions such as cataracts and tackle debilitating diseases, many of which cause sight loss. To do this, we work with governments and local, national and international partners to carry out eye operations and distribute treatments where they’re needed. We also advocate for the rights of people with visual impairments and other disabilities, and help to improve local health services so they are sustainable.
We have more than 70 years of experience behind us, and we’re proud to be a leader in our field. Our programmes consistently achieve high performance ratings from the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, and we are one of US evaluator GiveWell’s top charities.
To Support Sightsavers trachoma project delivery and documentation. To work with the District Local Governments (DLGs) in all the trachoma endemic regions of Uganda and ensure trachoma elimination project activities are planned, implemented, monitored, evaluated and documented to the highest possible standards as laid out in Sightsavers Programme & Implementation Manual (PIM).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the project cycle involving planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborating with partners to identify needs for technical support related to trachoma elimination estimates
- Ensuring project partners (District Local Governments) provide high quality project deliverables on a timely basis such as reports, project documentation, maps
- Report on quality of and own the collection and aggregation of data, documenting agreed protocols for mining data
- Identify key areas for data analysis and learning
- Relationship building with DLG’s of the target sub-regions to support successful outcomes for the project
- Representing Sightsavers to DLG’s and development partners in target regions
- Participating in PR activities, providing case studies and engaging news stories
- A tertiary degree qualification (BA) or above in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development Studies or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience working within an INGO at Project Coordinator level
- Working knowledge of SPSS, STATA software
- Strong networking, communication, influencer
- Strong background in implementing programmes in particular health programmes, with a focus on monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent IT/computer knowledge
- Previous advocacy work in health and general development
- Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
- Experience in implementing NTD programmes
Project Coordinator, Trachoma is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
How To Apply for Sightsavers Uganda Jobs 2021
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online through the link below:
Deadline: 31st December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.