Job Title: Operations Officer – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Technically reporting to the Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator and administratively reporting to the Team Leader, the Operations Officer will be the overall procurement & logistics focal point person as he or she plans and provides logistics support for to the ALIGHT program in Rwamwanja. The major logistics processes include procurement, distribution, material management and contingency operations, Assets management as well as fuel and vehicle management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As the overall Procurement focal person at the Field site, facilitate the procurement process within your field office from the initial request to the completion of each order.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accounted for at the final stage of the process.
- Obtain quotations from ALIGHT’s pre-qualified suppliers in order to effect a competitive and fair process of procurement in line with ALIGHT and donor regulations, which will ensure ALIGHT gets best value for money.
- Prepare for signing the Bid Analysis’ (BA) for purchases over 500 USD.
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) for approved Purchase Request Forms and negotiate delivery dates and ensure timely delivery with the successful supplier.
- Monitor and manage contracts within your field location and update/feedback the country office.
- Prepare the monthly Procurement KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country office by 2nd of every month.
- Prepare a procurement report for the supervisor weekly, indicating the status of all procurements in relation to the procurement plans at the field.
- Develop and implement a quarterly procurement plan and maintain an updated procurement tracking sheet for the field site in line with the procurement guidelines.
- Liaise with the Finance department to administer the final payments to vendors in line with the terms and conditions outlined in the PO.
- Maintain existing relationships with prequalified suppliers, as well as identifying new suppliers for categories of supplies that were not pre-qualified for, where needed.
- Update and maintain an electronic and manual filing system for all procurement.
- Coordinate pending and upcoming procurement deliveries to ensure efficient usage of the transit warehouse, scheduled transport/movement plans between Kampala & the field site.
- Oversee the entire fleet and ensure proper management of ALIGHT fleet within the site.
- Liaise with Drivers and the Team Leader in the Field Office to ensure that vehicles are in good running condition by ensuring that genuine & correct spare parts are procured when needed, repairs are done as per specifications and that periodic & scheduled vehicle maintenance service is carried out for all vehicles.
- Prepare the monthly Fleet KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country Office by 2nd of every month.
- Prepare field fuel monthly requests for replenishment and submit to the country office for processing.
- Prepare monthly fleet management reports and submit them to the Team Leader.
- Plan, coordinate and manage vehicle movements within and outside your field office to ensure efficient use of the vehicle resource utilization.
- Ensure that Drivers fill in log books and any other vehicle documents appropriately.
- Prepare monthly Asset reports and share signed copies with the Team Leader and Country Office.
- Manage distribution and allocation of all Assets ensuring all Assets are issued with clear documentation and signed for.
- Prepare the monthly Assets KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country Office by 2nd of every month.
- Ensure the safety and security of all ALIGHT Assets under your field location.
- Maintain an updated Asset list and track all Assets within your field location.
- Carry out quarterly Asset verification exercise and share the signed reports with the Team Leader and Country Office.
- Liaise with the IT department to ensure that all Assets are maintained and serviced routinely.
- Identify and recommend Assets due for disposal and share the list with the Team Leader and Country office.
- Track supplies delivered by the suppliers to the field site to ensure that the appropriate documentation i.e. waybills are submitted to Country office.
- Prepare the monthly Warehouse KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country office by 2nd of every month.
- Ensure the security and safety of all items in the stores.
- Maintain proper and updated stores documentation.
- Carry out monthly stock taking and share the signed report with the Programme Manager and Country office.
- Update both the Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator and the Team Leader on any security incidences as they occur.
- Manage and supervise all staff reporting to you.
- Manage performance of all staff reporting to you.
- Building capacity of all staff in your location in relation to Operations management.
- The ideal applicant must hold a university degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or similar degree.
- At least three years’ experience working in the field of program and/or Logistics and Operations in an International relief organization.
- Knowledge of standard INGO and Donor procurement procedures and practices.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven report writing skills.
- Practical experience in strategic procurement and the management of contractual relationships and performance outcomes including the tender processes.
- Experience working with a diverse staff and confronting challenging field situations.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Work experience in a complex emergency setting preferred.
- High level of Computer literacy and knowledge of software programs: Excel, Access, and similar packages.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 21st January 2022 by 04:00 PM
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.