DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher CRB Officer
Job Title: CRB Officer – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will be responsible for coordinating Credit Reference Bureau Services at the bank such as providing timely and accurate information on borrowers’ debt profile and repayment history to mitigate risk and losses to the Bank as per Bank of Uganda Guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide Regular guidance and training to all staff involved in the sharing and use of credit data through the Credit Reference Bureau.
- Monthly CRB data submissions to all the Credit Bureaus and verification of data accuracy before the final submission on the 10th of every month as per Bank of Uganda rules and regulations.
- Generate periodic reports on data quality including a review of the data success rates, rejected records and any other irregularities for discussion with the Senior Manager Credit support and Control.
- Submit Monthly reports to Risk for further review and Bank of Uganda Monthly monitoring submission report.
- Ensure full functionality of the FCS/CRB systems in all branches; break down issues by contacting /coordinating repairs by the Bureaus, ensure that clients obtain their cards with no hitches to avoid reputational issues.
- Coordinate and assist in the timely resolution of all disputes/queries from clients and the Bureaus regarding wrong data submitted to the CRB – forward response to Manager Credit Bureau for review and onward communication to the bureaus.
- Monthly reconciliation of both the Financial Card (FCS) and Credit enquiry (CRB Search) accounts within agreed timelines.
- Receive invoices and prepare general payments to the CRB service providers in time to avoid penalties.
- Track aged outstanding items by liaising with the concerned parties to ensure that all are resolved within prescribed timeframes.
- Identify exceptions/suspicious transactions and escalate them to the Line Manager in a timely manner. Ensure conformity to Operational Guidelines.
- Represent the bank in the various Central bank and Uganda Bankers Association Credit Bureau committees and periodic meetings.
- Initiate improvements on the data quality through a number of checks, undertake data clean up, follow up on issues raised from data review meetings, audit queries, and SLAs with service providers.
- Closure of all expired letters of credit and guarantees, extraction and weekly circulation of reports.
- Closure of all paid off credit facilities, extraction and weekly circulation of reports.
- Extract and Circulate loans with credit balance monthly for corrective action and reporting and ensuring any breaches are attended to and escalated accordingly.
- Clean-up of Open Accounts on the Bureau with no updates in the submissions.
- Take remedial action for all Pending Accounts on the Bureau.
- A University degree in Business Administration or in any other relevant field.
- Good understanding of Banking operations and systems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Banking.
- A good understanding of Bank Credit policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Banks products proffered.
- Computer literacy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Self-driven with high affinity for quality, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent understanding of the Banking Act and prudential guidelines.
- Good knowledge of Banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems.
- Good understanding of Legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to Lending and Credit documentation.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.