IDI Uganda Jobs 2022 – Diploma District Logistics/Supply Chain Officer
Job Title: District Logistics/Supply Chain Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Koboko, Uganda
Vacancy Code: DLSCOX001
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo under the project.
The District Logistics/Supply Chain Officer supports monitoring and provision of on-site logistics management support in the supported districts in line with MoH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of ART commodities and stock levels as well as ensuring adequate supply of quality drugs, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support health facilities to compile and submit their expected periodic MoH reports.
- Support development and follow up of logistics and supply chain related activity plans in supported health facilities.
- Provide training and mentorship support to health workers in management of health logistics.
- Support CMEs and dissemination of information updates related to logistics management.
- Support activities that ensure proper storage of drugs at dispensing units.
- Work with district teams to offer supportive supervision to health facilities.
- Maintain tracking sheets on various supported health facilities and provide reports on the following areas:
o number of clients enrolled in care, on ART and initiated on ART in a month
o consumption reports from the various units
o stock status levels of the various health units
o basic supply requirements of the pharmacy & store
o regularly reports on identified challenges in the health units
o Monthly report on availability of tools necessary to maintain data records.
- Maintain records on quantities of commodities ordered and those received from the MoH and other partners
- Participate in therapeutic drug committee meetings held in the health facilities
Minimum Qualifications for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Specialized training in HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment will be an added advantage.
- Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council
Required experience and skills
- At least two years of working in a clinical setting/ facility, preferably in an HIV/AIDS setting.
- Additional experience in logistics management of ART commodities
- Computer Knowledge and skills, as well as good presentation and report writing skills
- Communication skills and ability to speak local languages.
- HIV Counseling and Interpersonal skills
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All those interested in working with us should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 9th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.