Job Title: Administration Assistant – WWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: WWF Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Grade: A1 IPE 42
Reports to: People Culture Administration Manager
WWF Uganda Profile
WWF started operating in Uganda in 1992, as a project coordination office implementing projects for East and South Africa regional program office. In October 2009, WWF Uganda Country Office (UCO) was established. The office reports to the regional office of Africa and ultimately WWF International.
The legal status of WWF in Uganda was first negotiated in 1992 and later renegotiated under a new hosting agreement with the government of U Uganda in 2014. WWF is now included on the schedule of the Diplomatic Privileges Regulations under Statutory Instrument No.201-1 in Uganda. Over 80% of our work in Uganda is concentrated in the Albertine Rift Region which is one of WWF’s global priority places.(The African Rift lakes).This is important because it has the highest biodiversity value in Uganda as well as main land Africa. The Abertine Rift is under threat from oil, gas and other development plans.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial services in support of the Country Office operations.
Internal: WWF UCO: Works closely with the People and Culture Manager, Project managers, Coordinators, and operations staff.
External: Interacts with Service Providers and different government departments and implementing partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure professional front office support for visitors and staff.
- Receive document and disburse incoming mails and outgoing mail
- Manage front office switch board and transfer calls as necessary.
- Receive messages for staff absences and transfer as necessary.
- Collates weekly staff in and out of office report and shares with all staff before Tuesday of each week.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, conducive and tidy reception area safe for staff and visitors.
- Notify officers on visitor arrival, directs and allows access to those on appointments and issue appointments as necessary.
- Receive and records all internship and job applications including unsolicited ones and passes them on to Human Resources section.
- Manage filling for all documents going through the reception and ensures utmost confidentiality.
- Responsible for reception security and notifying focal person on any suspicions.
- Compile calendar for key events and notifies responsible persons in a timely manner.
- Ensure WWF UCO branding material is provided at the reception all the time and ensures their safety.
- Follow up on meeting invitations for respective staff and notifies / reminds them accordingly.
- Manage the office stores and ensure all necessary office supplies are available (stationaries, kitchen and cleaning items).
- Work closely with the cleaning services to ensure office cleanliness is maintained.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Management, Secretarial Studies, Administration or a related course, with excellent verbal communication skills.
- At least three years of experience office management with a particular training in front desk and customer care management in a busy international organization.
- A good understanding of secretarial support and ability to run different office equipment.
- Good planning skills with diary management
- Effective communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to WWF values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
How To Apply for WWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of three (3) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications (sent as one PDF document) addressed to the People Culture and Administration Manager should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.