Job Title: Finance Graduate Trainee – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
Finance department has got a large volume of documents which continue to increase every month. There is no backup for the hard copy documents in case of Fire outbreak, the support of graduate trainees will help in scanning Finance documents and saving them on the Finance google drive. This will improve on the archiving and retrieval of documents when there is an Audit.
With numerous finance audits ranging from Annual external audits, It is important that these documents are re-organized, arranged and returned to their files with appropriate location and precise referencing. And with this we shall require the graduate trainee to have this well accomplished.
Roles and Responsibilities for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Scanning Finance documents and saving them on the Finance google drive as per Year, Month & Document numbers.
- Support to arrange Files transferred to the Warehouse according to the year of income as per the Mercy Corps Warehouse Management policy and Guidelines.
- Support to transfer more Files from the Finance Office to the Mercy Corps Warehouse.
- Responsible for checking that documents both for cash and bank payments are stamped and General Journals, labeling/referencing all the files, archiving files in the Finance Department.
- Filling back documents that were retrieved for the Annual audit, Internal Audit, Apolou audit and all other spot checks.
- Support to retrieve documents when required for auditing purposes within the period.
- Confirm that all vouchers as per Microsoft Dynamic Navigator listing exist on file and report otherwise.
- Confirm that all Signatures have been indicated on the vouchers as required.
- Confirm that all vouchers are cancelled as required.
- Confirm that review checklists are attached on all vouchers.
- Photocopying and scanning all documents as required by the Finance department.
- Proper Filing of all documents as required by the policy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting or related fields
- Eligibility: Applicants must have graduated between 2020 to 2022.
- Computer literate
Mercy Corps Graduate Trainees represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 24th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.