IDI Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Pharmacy Logistics Officer
Job Title: Pharmacy Logistics Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Pharmacy Logistics Officer will provide technical support to district and facility teams to ensure appropriate management of HIV and TB commodities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of district and facility teams to manage health logistics related to TB and HIV/AIDS care.
- Guide district and facility teams to quantify and order for TB and HIV care commodities through national ware houses in a timely manner to ensure steady supply.
- Support implementation of standard stock monitoring and management practices including use of electronic inventory systems in order to minimize wastage and avert stock outs.
- Establish facility surveillance systems to detect and notify adverse drug reactions to drug regulatory authorities in a timely manner.
- Support design and implementation of appropriate differentiated ART service delivery models in line with national policies and the PEPFAR community framework.
- Support development of SOPs to guide facility teams to appropriately handle HIV and TB commodities using standard inventory management tools.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along the logistics supply chain.
- Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Clinical pharmacy
- Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council
- Training in supply chain management for HIV/AIDS and TB logistics
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of the national medical logistics systems
- Good communication, organization and management skills.
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct.
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 21st June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.