Safe places Uganda Jobs 2022 – No Experience Mental Health Counsellors
Job Title: Mental Health Counsellors – Safe places Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Safe places Uganda- Foundation (SPU-F)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Safe places Uganda- Foundation (SPU-F) Profile:
Safe places Uganda- Foundation (SPU-F) is a “not for profit” social enterprise founded by a group of young Ugandans of various professions with the common goal of devising means of improving the mental health of the people in Uganda and changing people’s perceptions towards Mental Health.
Provision of Psychotherapy to clients as well as implementation of the plans and programs of SPU.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake screening and assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history
- Counsel clients and their families in individual or group sessions using appropriate skills/techniques
- Together with other professionals generate treatment plans for the clients and periodically review plans
- Ensure implementation of the clients’ individualized treatment and recovery plansWork on Referral protocols of clients to other specialists
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of the emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients
- Documents all patient information on client files and follows physician’s written orders
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Participate in individual or group counsellor supervision
- Routine progress reporting on client’s progress (Daily, weekly, monthly etc) Follow up on clients after discharge (After care) Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient progress, according to standard medical record keeping Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by personally responding to requests for service
- Any other duties assigned in line with Safe places Mission
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counselling and Guidance, social work or related Humanities award from a recognized institution
- Masters in any discipline of psychology & Counselling, specialised training in mental Health & addiction treatment, Training in various techniques/Therapies is an added advantage Must be registered with the relevant professional body
- At least Two (2) years working experience in a clinical setting
How To Apply for Safe places Uganda Jobs 2022
Hard copy applications should be addressed and delivered to; Mr. Wilfred Kwebiiha. 2nd Floor The Guardian Building, Plot 67A, Spring Road Bugolobi (Opposite ABSA Bank Bugolobi)
Soft copy applications and Attachments scanned as a single PDF or MS Word document can be sent to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your Telephone number and email address on the application.
Documents should include; Detailed curriculum, copies of academic certificates and transcripts
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 30th July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.