IDI Uganda Jobs 2022 – 20 Fresher Research Assistants
Job Title: 20 Research Assistants – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
Program for Accelerated Control of Tuberculosis in Karamoja (PACT-Karamoja) is a five-year USAID funded project (2020 – 2025) that aims to increase TB case detection and treatment success rates through health system strengthening in all districts of North Eastern sub-region of Uganda. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja project will provide technical assistance to district health teams to deliver high impact and innovative interventions that are in line with current national and global TB guidelines in Karamoja region. PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak.
The research assistant will work closely with the Operations Research Team to collect and enter data for the PACT-Karamoja KAP Survey. The KAP Survey will be carried out in selected households in four districts namely Amudat, Moroto, Kotido and Abim. S/he will interview community members using a designated questionnaire. S/he will also conduct focus group discussions in selected locations in the four districts. All data collected during the survey will be entered all collected data into an electronic data collection tool designed in Epidata.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in abstracting data from TB HMIS tools
- Participate in conducting interviews with district and health facility staff
- Participate in entering data into an electronic data interface designed in Epidata.
- Participate in data cleaning to ensure that all data entered is ready for data analysis
- A Diploma in a health related discipline e.g. Laboratory Science, Nursing, Public Health, Environmental Health, Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution
- Applicant MUST reside in one of the four districts (Moroto, Kotido, Amudat and Abim)
- Applicant MUST be fluent in the languages spoken in the region (Ngakarimojong, Pokot or Swahili)
- Applicant MUST be able to use electronic tools for data collection
- Previous experience with data collection at district, health facility or community level particularly with the use of Ministry of Health HMIS tools is an added advantage
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 6th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.