World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Field Security Officer
Job Title: Field Security Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure adequate security measures and contingency plans are put in place for critical refugee response program activities.
- Ensure refugee response programmes and projects budget for core security requirements and ensure all security budget lines are effectively utilized through tracking of security costs
- Update the security protocol for the refugee response programme in accordance with the changes in West Nile context and monitor staff compliance.
- Conduct security assessments as required by World Vision Security Policy
- Plan and coordinate security for food and cash distributions in refugee settlements in liaison with the Logistics Officer and Food Assistance Officer.
- Oversee the deployment of security personnel to support in critical program activities
- Prepare monthly security reports to the Area Manager and the Security Manager.
- Network and collaborate effectively with the community, partners, security focal points of implementing partners and government security agencies
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of the contracted security provider
- Represent World Vision at INGO security network meetings held in West Nile and ensure information from the meetings is disseminated to relevant staff
- Coordinate with relevant managers and technical specialist to conduct periodic training for contracted security provider on humanitarian principles, child & adult safe-guarding, gender & protection etc
Staff and Asset Safety.
- Advise Response Management on key security issues affecting staff and World Vision operations in the West Nile refugee response.
- Develop a culture of security awareness among staff based on local security risk assessments
- Ensure all refugee response fire safety equipment is kept functional and a fire emergency plan put in place for each field office across the response.
- Ensure all field locations are equipped with first aid kits and replenished in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Security Manager to ensure appropriate safety and security trainings are provided to response staff
- Ensure adequate access control mechanisms and physical security measures are deployed at all Response field offices to enhance the safety of staff and security of WV assets.
- Ensure lost and damaged organization assets are properly reported and documented and timely reports shared with the Security Manager
- Ensure COVID-19 workplace protocols are developed, periodically reviewed and enforced.
- Provide security briefs to visitors and accompany high profile visitors to the field when required
- Ensure timely reporting of incidents, follow up and closure of cases as per World Vision reporting protocols
- Collaborate with Managers to review security incidents involving staff and mobilize needed support (security, medical etc.)
- Document incidents that happen, escalate to relevant officers, upload on ethics point and provide support to closure of incidents.
- Develop and participate in safety and security drills to test the responsiveness and awareness of staff on safety and security issues.
Resilience and Business continuity.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Context Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards and processes are updated and completed in accordance with World Vision policies
- Analyze security trends and information to facilitate appropriate zonal risk ratings
- Ensure effective, efficient and optimal utilization of all resources made available to the security support function
- Identify security wardens for each field office in the Response area and provide them mentorship and coaching to enhance their performance
- Provide input and support to World Vision management in crisis situations and critical incidents
- Conduct security investigations or fact finding missions when required.
- Carry out post-incident reviews to guide management and staff to prevent/manage future occurrences.
- Ensure all major vehicle and motorcycle road traffic accidents involving World Vison fleet are investigated and reports shared with Response Management and the Security Manager
- Work in unison with the logistics department in ensuring all vehicles have the requisite safety equipment and motorcycles have riding gear.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to create road safety awareness among Response staff and monitor staff compliance to road safety standards.
- Work in liaison with logistics department to conduct training on fleet safety.
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, government or NGO sectors).
- Minimum of 2 years working with an International Organisation or UN agency in the security field
- Experience supporting security for an emergency response programme is an added advantage
- Police or Law enforcement training desirable.
- Other: Military training, Security Management, Basics of Field Security, Humanitarian security risk management.
- Candidate should possess knowledge and skills in conducting security risk assessments, designing and delivering security trainings, performing security investigations, incident management, security contract management and security planning
- Possess an understanding of the humanitarian industry
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate information effectively in the English language
- First Aid qualified
- Candidate should possess computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and be well versed with internet usage.
- Have strong relating and networking skills.
- Demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
- Demonstrate personal values, attitudes and behaviours that are consistent with World Vision Core Values
- No previous criminal record or convictions.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.