University of Pretoria MCFSP Scholarship 2023/2024
Scholarship: MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024
Institution: The University of Pretoria
Country: South Africa
The University of Pretoria MCFSP Scholarship 2023/2024 Profile:
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF)is currently offering scholarships for high-achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2023.
Qualifications and requirements
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP)targets academically talented (First Class or a good Second class upper degree with a final year CGPA above 4.0 out of 5.0 scale).
- Economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
- Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
- Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. If your application is successful, the Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counseling support
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster
parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank
statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of
information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
AVAILABLE POSTGRADUATE SCHOLAR COURSES.
Please check under these faculties and choose at least 3 programs that suit your academic background.
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the Honours or Masters (Political Studies or International Studies only will be considered in this category)
How to apply for the University of Pretoria MCFSP Scholarship 2023/2024
You may apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. and get an acceptable offer first before close on 31 August 2019. You will need an acceptance letter to apply for the Mastercard scholarship which closes later on 17 September 2019.
To use the online application system above, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly.
As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Once you have been admitted, please contact email@example.com to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
Application Deadline: Applications for the MCFSP open on 1 May 2022 and close on 31 October 2022.
For more details about the scholarship. check out the MCFSP TUKs Website.