IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Enrolled Nurse
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kiryandongo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua and Kampala.
Under the supervision and guidance of a Registered Nurse, the enrolled nurse will be responsible for direct delivery of high quality and efficient nursing services to clients at the attached health facility and in the community ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines. S/he will be expected to work within the health facility and also offer services in the community in the catchment area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing care to all patients within the attached health facility and community outreaches.
- Attend to clients and prescribe drugs where necessary.
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary.
- Carry out weekly and emergency home visits.
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises.
- Participate in HIV awareness and sensitization in the communities.
- Train community health workers and village health teams in providing of basic health services, health promotion and client follow-up and referrals.
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably expected from your supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Must have a certificate of enrollment of nursing from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- 1 year of work experience, with field experience in providing services to refugees.
- Planning and organizing.
- Concern for quality and standards.
- Communication Skills.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Self-control and stress management.
- Time management.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 26th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.