Job Title: 4 Enrolled Midwives – Church of Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Church of Uganda Soroti Diocese
Duty Station: Uganda
Church of Uganda Profile:
The Church of Uganda is a member province of the Anglican Communion. Currently, there are 37 dioceses which make up the Church of Uganda, each headed by a bishop.
Each diocese is divided into archdeaconries, each headed by a senior priest known as an archdeacon. The archdeaconries are further subdivided into parishes, headed by a parish priest. Parishes are subdivided into sub-parishes, headed by lay readers. As of the 2014 Census, 32% of Ugandans consider themselves affiliated with the church, down from 36.7% in the 2002 Census.
According to a peer-reviewed study in the Journal of Anglican Studies published in 2016 by the Cambridge University Press, the Church of Uganda has more than 8 million members and approximately 795,000 active baptised members.
To Provide midwifery services and public health intervention to patients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- assessing care requirements and writing care plans
- undertaking antenatal care in hospitals, homes and GP practices
- carrying out screening tests
- providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
- taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- caring for and assisting women in labor
- monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
- monitoring the foetus during labour
- advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their new born babies
- helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- writing records
- tutoring student midwives
- identifying high-risk pregnancies
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council
- Must have a Certificate in enrolled midwifery Council or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Age: 25-40 years
How To Apply for Church of Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit or hand deliver their Handwritten Applications with Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of their academic documents, and recommendations from their Pastors and church Leaders addressed to;
The Diocesan Secretary,
Church of Uganda Soroti Diocese,
P.O. BOX 107 Soroti, Uganda.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.