No Experience Operations Intern – SNV
Job Title: Operations Intern
Organization: Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa (HRNS)
Project: SUPREME Project
Duty Station: Uganda
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the SUPREME project in the delivery and optimising the use of guidelines and procedures and execution of tasks for operations supports services in procurements, transportation, IT etc for smooth project operations.
- Assist in handling guests, visitors and other SNV visiting staff.
Logistics and Procurement
- Support technical staff in the procurement processes of goods and services in line with policies.
- Keep track of all the Project procurement records and Coordinate with Kampala operations team for timely procurements in support of project implementation.
- Supports in the arrangement of accommodations, conference halls for workshops, meetings and trainings.
- Support the process for delivery of goods and distributions where applicable together with the lead technical staff.
- Manage communication between operations and suppliers.
- Liaises with User Departments and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding payments.
- Any other duties assigned
Asset and facility Management
- Organise and update inventory of all assists in Arua office and other consumable inventory ensuring that all records are kept and accessible.
- Organise and update and maintain store register.
- Supporting in organising equipment, stationery and coordinates replacement when required, in consultation with and with approval of the supervisor and conform the given authorisation and (procurement) procedures.
- References, verifies, and manages the procurement and disposal documentation and ensures their safe custody.
- Support ensure Office facilities are functioning well.
- Supports in Contracts Management including preparation and issue of contracts and monitoring implementation.
- Any other duties assigned
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, logistics, supply chain, business administration, commerce, or related field.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Basic Understanding of the procurement procedures, and ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and processes within the shortest time possible.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, organized, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to cooperate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good communication skills.
All those interested in working with us should submit their application via our application portal link below:
Closing Date: 20th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.