Communications Intern – UNDP Uganda
Job Title: Communications Intern
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Uganda
Duty Station: Pulse Lab Kampala
The Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications Specialist to support Global Pulse’s overall communications activities. The internship will provide an excellent opportunity to learn about the applications of new data sources and artificial intelligence technology to support the SDGs Agenda 2030, as well as to understand communications inside large international organizations like the UN system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist with drafting stories of impact, project briefs, articles, and other website or print content as needed;
• Support ongoing communications activities by performing research, writing and editing content including reviewing reports and other communication products;
• Support social media production by drafting content and assisting to conceptualize and implement outreach campaigns for various events;
• Support website updates by adding and editing content and performing quality assurance;
• Assist with the organization of events, including outreach support and event-related logistics;
• Attend meetings, take notes and support brainstorming on new communications methods to promote Global Pulse’s strategy and goals;
• Assist with the production of regular external communications including quarterly newsletters;
• Assist with collecting and monitoring digital media analytics and media mentions;
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program (such as a master’s program, or higher); in Mass Communication, Journalism, or Public relations.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Mass Communication, Journalism, or Public relations.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent and effective writing skills, with experience in developing multimedia communications content and products for different audiences are an asset;
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn is an asset;
- Experience in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google docs is highly desired;
- Knowledge and strong interest in data, technologies and communications for international development are highly desired;
- Previous experience with an international organization is an asset;
- Knowledge of data science, data analysis, and/or data visualization will be an advantage
Applications from interested applicants must be made online by using the link below:
Closing Date: 26th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.