Laboratory Technologists – IOM Uganda
Job Title: Laboratory Technologists
Organization: IOM Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for pre-examination, examination and post-examination activities using the standard relevant equipment.
- Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory procedures by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
- Organize and operates activities on assigned station for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results.
- Perform quality control activities for assigned stations and document results as required.
- Facilitate in maintenance of laboratory equipment in good working order and operate equipment appropriately following SOPs.
- Facilitate in laboratory stock management and monitor that the equipment and consumables are enough for the anticipated workload.
- Facilitate maintenance of established systems of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
- Participate in the development and updating of SOPs as needed.
- Participate in the improvement of service system according to adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology, or a related discipline.
- At least two years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a clinical laboratory.
- Relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations.
- Computer literate with an understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performances; and,
- Good awareness of the role of Laboratory in health systems, optional use of resources for quality and efficient service delivery. Skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle is highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions.
Interested applicants should submit their applications including a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience to the email below:
Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/004/2023 – Laboratory Technologist should be specified in the SUBJECT field. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Closing Date: not later than 10th FEB 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.