Human Resources Intern – RSCE Uganda
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Organization: Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Kampala
The internship program is in the Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Human Resources Talent Management Unit (HRTMU). The internship is for an initial period of six (6) months.
The Intern will work (5) five days per week (40 hours) in person at the duty station under the supervision of the Career/Human Resources Officer, HRTMU.
Roles and responsibilities
- The intern will be exposed to all work of the HRTMU.
- Supporting the work and activities of the career development unit; coordinating with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members of the unit.
- Collaborating and sharing career professional development updates/links through the SharePoint platform.
- Coordinating administrative arrangements for French classes and other identified staff knowledge management trainings.
- Assist in championing the career professional development initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of events, conferences and visitor management, schedule appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Provide general office support; respond to career information requests and inquiries and draft media and other communication documents.
- Drafts routine correspondence and communications, attend and take notes at meetings.
- Undertake research on a range of human resources related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Performs other administrative human resources duties as assigned by the Career/Human Resources Officer
- The interested applicants should be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Or be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- We are open to a broad range of educational backgrounds. We seek candidates with relevant coursework in business administration, management, strategic communications and design, project management, public administration, legal administration (criminal justice), political affairs or human resources management.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Interest in talent management is desirable.
- Experience with MS Office is required.
- Interest in the work of the United Nations and having a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter is required.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Application deadline: 24th February 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.