4 Laboratory Technologists – IOM Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Laboratory Technologists
Organization: International Organization for Migration Uganda (IOM)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for pre-examination, examination, and post-examination activities through the use of the standard relevant equipment.
- Contribute to the implementation of laboratory quality management systems under the guidance of the laboratory supervisor. Take on the focal point role for one or more quality system essentials (QSE) as requested by the laboratory supervisor.
- Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory procedures by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to biosafety measures adopted in the laboratory, being responsible for the safety of oneself and others.
- Organize and operate activities on assigned station for accurate, efficient, and timely delivery of results.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance activities for assigned stations and document results as required.
- Facilitate laboratory equipment maintenance to ensure these are in good working order and operate equipment appropriately following SOPs.
- Facilitate laboratory stock management and monitor that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work.
- Alert the laboratory supervisor to any problems related to operations, including equipment, stock management and biosafety.
- Facilitate maintenance of established systems of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation of operational research.
- Develop and/or update SOPs in coordination with the laboratory supervisor.
- Participate in the improvement of the service system according to the adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- Manage and meet client expectations by prioritizing interests and providing services with guiding principles of patients’ dignity, beneficence and non-maleficence in courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline in countries where the scope of responsibilities are fulfilled according to national regulations.
- A valid license to practice, if applicable
- Three years for Bachelor’s degree holder and five years for diploma holders of relevant clinical laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory;
- Relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations;
- Knowledge and experience in clinical laboratory techniques;
- Knowledge of laboratory quality management systems;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices laboratory biosafety;
- Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performances; and,
- Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optional use of resources for quality and efficient services delivery.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online via the link below:
Application Deadline: 23rd May 2023.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.