Finance Volunteer – IRC Uganda
Job Title: Finance Volunteer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
• Prepare cash transaction vouchers
• Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
• Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Finance Assistant
• Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers in box and update the respective folders
• Ensure all vouchers have required attachments
• Support the finance Assistant to extract WHT schedules and vouchers
• Update the box folder with necessary attachments
• Prepare WHT tax schedule before 5th of every month
• Maintain efficient filling system for the field office and ensure all vouchers are filled on monthly basis
• Prepare payment covers and submit to Finance Manager for review
• Support with processing YO payments
• Support with YO and Bank and cash payments where need be
• Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
• Ensure all paid vouchers have POPs-payment proofs
• Update the invoice tracker on daily basis
• Support monthly inventory counts
• Download invoices from the payables email account.
• Perform any duties assigned
• A degree or an equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
• Minimum of 1 year working in the finance function. Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite);
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Knack for detail.
• Must be organized/neat at work
• Able to communicate effectively.
• Exhibit high level of integrity
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
• Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and
• Prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Time management and interpersonal skills
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Application Deadline: June 19, 2023
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.