Finance Intern – QED Group Uganda
Job Title: Finance Intern
Organization: QED Uganda
- Support the department with QuickBooks online data entry at the end of every week and preparation of the monthly local cost report.
- Assist and collect data from supplier invoices, including coding entries for VAT and expense type documentation and gathering necessary information to prepare the ULA quarterly VAT reports.
- Assist with the review of purchase requisitions sent in from the administration department for completeness.
- Assist with the review and verification of personnel travel cash advance requests, expense report claims, and payments before submitting for reconciliation and disbursement.
- Participate in bank reconciliations and preparation of monthly field reports.
- Participate in the verification of payment requests of suppliers and vendors against supporting documents before submission for disbursement.
- Participate in all compliance audits to be conducted by retrieving the necessary support documents.
- Prepare cheque and cash payment vouchers for all approved payment requests to recipients.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are adequately backed up based on the ULA finance policy on minimum supporting documents.
- Support with proper filing and archiving of monthly accounting vouchers for review by the Finance Manager to ensure they are audit ready.
- Stamp all payment support documents and verify references assigned to documentations prior to filing.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all original monthly fuel receipts, participate in the compilation of fuel consumption reports, and submit to Finance Manager for review.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows for growth, development, and the ability to make a difference.
- Provide administrative support like filing, scanning, photocopying, and archiving to the finance team and other departments.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, commerce, finance, or another accounting- or business-related degree.
- At least two years of experience working in a finance department in a busy working environment.
- Excellent MS Excel and QuickBooks accounting software skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Possesses a positive and curious attitude.
- A team player who possesses empathy and inclusivity.
- Trustworthy with high level of integrity.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 21st August 2023.