17 Counselors – Joint Clinical Research Centre
Job Title: 17 Counselors
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Provide quality and comprehensive counseling services to clients, family members, communities and partners, with focus on HIV and TB services
- Empower clients in chronic care to disclose their HIV status to significant others
- Use index client testing to access HIV testing services among children, sexual partners/networks and family members
- Participate in the process of empowering clients with skills for self-reliance and making appropriate succession plans
- Participate in the mobilization and support of communities to offer HIV education and care
- Provide home-based HIV counseling and testing, and TB screening to household members
- Establish and support peer support groups for clients
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of the clinic work plans.
- Perform counseling and other support techniques and procedures as requested and prescribed by the clinicians
- A high degree of Integrity, Empathy, Patience, Confidentiality
- Possess the ability to work under mental and physical stress
- Conduct home visits to clients on ART and TB for adherence support
- Provide information to clients, aimed at reducing their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education.
- Participate in HIV/AIDS awareness at the clinic and sensitizations in the communities
- Support and supervise the facility with the YAPS activities including reporting.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- The ideal candidate must possess a Certificate or Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling psychology, or guidance will be an added advantage
- Short-term capacity development courses on HIV counseling is an added advantage
- The applicant should preferably have at least a year’s experience in HIV with Counselling and have experience in supporting HIV / AIDS and TB prevention and care services (both facility and community).
- A clear and concise understanding of the psychosocial issues relating to health and illness
- Deep knowledge of care planning procedures
- Riding skills with a valid riding license is a strong added advantage
How to apply:
All applications must be addressed to;
The Manager of Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Deadline: Friday, 1st September 2023 at 05:00 pm