Database System Administrator – Nakasero Hospital Ltd
Job title: Database System Administrator
Organization: Nakasero Hospital Ltd
- Provide application support to users utilizing NHL applications and services
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports related to application performance
- Monitor HMIS performance and capture any errors, and liaise with HMIS vendor to ensure errors are fixed
- Conduct research on upcoming products, services, and standards in support of NHL systems and operations
- Act as a trainer for NHL systems like HMIS, HR System, and any other system acquired by the enterprise to support business
- Ensure data availability in case of system failures or data loss and ensure that sensitive data is protected
- Design and implement efficient and secure database structures.
- Facilitate data migrations between different systems or versions and maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations and processes.
- Define user roles and permissions and enforce access control policies.
- Conduct security audits, risk assessments and maintain backup and recovery strategies
- Regularly perform backups and ensure data restoration capabilities are achievable
- Identify and resolve database performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Design and implement extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes for data integration and transformation.
- Investigate any suspicious activity or unexpected software behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Computing, or related field
- Relevant certification in Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) is an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of database security best practices
- Excellent SQL scripting and query optimization skills
- Experience with backup and recovery solutions
- Familiarity with data integration tools and ETL processes
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send in their application letters and CV to the Human Resource Manager at the HR office.
Mail your resume to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, September 22 2023