Network Administrator – Bank of Africa
Job Position: Network Administrator
Organization: Bank of Africa
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
- Setup, install and configure all ICT network related equipment and accessories.
- Update and secure the network against viruses and other threats.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN/MAN related malfunctions.
- Assist users in identifying bottlenecks in their processes and suggest ways of removing the bottlenecks.
- Carry out and monitor all Online and offline installations and connection to the bank’s network for both remote and internal users.
- Process end of day and end of month in IGOR, SMR . Ensure ATMs are connected 99.9% of the time and all Daily reports are sent to the recipients at end of day processing.
- Maintain inventory of IT related equipment.
- Liaise with the Senior Manager – ICT to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems operate to specifications and arrange for the servicing of IT equipment as per existing AMCs or checkup incase of failure.
- Ensure Disaster recovery testing is done on schedule and all failover links are monitored to guarantee performance incase one fails.
- Expeditiously handle help desk issues by checking on the helpdesk software and distribute tasks to the Dept. members and Communicate results to the Senior Manager – ICT.
- Monitor Operations of the LAN & WAN and maintain the performance sheet for all core banking applications/Network devices and give summary report to Senior Manager – ICT at the End of each Week and prepare monthly statistical report.
- Advise the Senior Manager – ICT on the latest Network technology that can be of importance in the improvement of the Network infrastructure at BANK OF AFRICA – UGANDA Ltd
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Manager – ICT or Head of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or computer science
- Additional Certificate in CCNA, MCSE, CISA or any other related qualifications.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in network administration or any related field in ICT.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Customer centricity.
- Good communication skills (including oral, written, and phone etiquette)
- Good problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Personal initiative / self-drive and personal organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: November 20 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!