Procurement Graduate Trainee – Hima Cement Ltd
Job Position: Procurement Graduate Trainee
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty station: Kasese
- Adhere to all the Health, Safety and Environment policies and rules in the designated working area.
- Research new suppliers for low value spot purchases and present them to the Category Managers for screening.
- Source and compare prices from several suppliers for all low value spot purchases.
- Ensure locally generated savings are reported as required and according to category guidelines.
- Endeavor that the global and local policies and procedures are conveyed to end users in the Procurement of goods and services.
- Create local purchase orders for suppliers, equipment and services within authorized limits.
- Initiate and support the RFQ/P process locally as defined by category strategy.
- Check that goods and services are fit for purpose and meet with the organization’s requirements prior to order placement.
- Negotiate prices and delivery dates.
- Bachelors of Honors Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or an equivalent from a recognised University.
- Postgraduate qualifications in CIPS or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in the Electronic Procurement, and Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) like SAP is an added advantage.
- Self-driven, results-oriented.
- High level of integrity
- Good communication skills across the business
- Able to plan and prioritize
- Experience in managing deadlines and workload
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Should be innovative and excellent team player with good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, which should include details of an email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials, and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address
Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Saturday, November 18, 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!