Network Administrator – UCU Uganda Jobs
Job Position: Network Administrator
Organization: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty station: Mukono
- Installation, configuration and management of servers to include DNS, DHCP, AD, WDS, backup file servers, FTP and print servers at the University.
- Manages security solutions to include firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware, and content filtering products; provides security and control measures across multiple computer platforms.
- Monitors network and server data flow, performance and security using a variety of evaluation tools; analyzes data flow patterns; checks network logs to detect intruders; writes scripts to support network monitoring and administration tasks.
- Assists with management and coordination of information technology projects through design, selects appropriate hardware and software for the directorates operational need; Stays current on advancements in technology; identifies and assesses opportunities to improve services for the benefit of internal users and the public.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, development and administration of an effective information security program.
- Performs necessary network upgrades, tests hardware and software to ensure optimal network functionality.
- Plan, design and audit policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to systems and electronic information in order to guard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Provide risk assessment and security briefings related to security issues; manage IT security awareness programs and activities, and advise resource owners on the formation of appropriate security policies.
- Conduct periodic assessments and regular monitoring of campus information security controls and practices to ensure compliance with Client policy and regulatory requirements.
- Performing network vulnerability assessments.
- Investigate, recommend and install network enhancements and operationalize procedures that optimize network availability.
- To liaise with service providers on the technical aspects of the services provided and advise the Technical Manager where necessary.
- To prepare and present a monthly report on infrastructure activities to the Technical Manager.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Technical Manager or Director, UIS from time to time.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a related field.
- Must have two (2) years working experience as a Network Administrator or in a similar role.
- Security and Networking Certifications e.g. CCNA, Comptia+, CISSP are preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent practical IT skills in areas like Windows Server Operating Systems and Linux Server Operating Systems for Routers, switches, and other infrastructure devices.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of information security policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to be called upon to serve during non-conventional working hours.
- Must be a mature, practicing, and committed Christian.
How to apply:
All candidates should send
- Two (2) copies of an application letter, an updated Curriculum Vitae, and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
- Two (2) copies of CERTIFIED academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the attachments should be in ONE PDF document.
Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!