Internship Programme 2016 – UNICEF
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Job no: 494502
Work type: Internship
Location: United States of America
Categories: Adolescent Development, Child Protection, Communication for Development (C4D), Early Childhood Development, Education, Expanded Programme Immunization, Representative, Internship, Supply/Logistics, Support: Communication, Support: Operations, Support: Programme, Executive Management, Deputy Representative, Finance and Administration, Human Resources, Information Communication Technology, Internal Audit Management, Legal, Operations and Business Management, Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, UN and Multilateral Affairs, Emergency Programme, Security, Monitoring and Evaluation, Nutrition, Planning, Social and Economic Policy, Statistics and Monitoring, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Gender, Health, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Innovation, Knowledge Management
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the UNICEF Internship Programme
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Internships are offered depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of units/offices to receive and supervise interns.
Areas of work
UNICEF is active in various functional areas related to its mandate, which can be categorized in three main pillars: Programme and Policy, External Relations and Operations.
UNICEF Internships are offered in all its functional areas, listed as follows:
Programme and Policy
- Adolescent Development
- Communication for Development (C4D)
- Child Protection
- Early Childhood Development
- Expanded Programme Immunization
- HIV / AIDS
- Human Rights
- Knowledge Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Programme Management
- Policy Analysis & Planning
- Social and Economic Policy
- Statistics and Monitoring
- Finance and Administration
- Human Resource
- Internal Audit Managemen
- Information Communication Technology
- Operations and Business Managemen
- Supply / Logistics
- Alliances and Resource Mobilization
- Communication / External Relations
- Private Fundraising and Partnerships
- UN and Multilateral Affairs
At the time I would like to start my internship with UNICEF,
- I will be enrolled in a graduate (Master’s) degree or undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degreel; and
- I will have completed at least two years of full-time studies towards completion of my undergraduate degree.
- I have excellent academic performance and can demonstrate it by my recent university or other academic institution records.
- I am proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages (English, French or Spanish) and fluent in the working language of the office I am interested to work in.
Please note: Additional consideration will be given to any past professional experience.
If you could answer ‘yes’ to all the above listed requirements, you are highly encouraged to apply now to UNICEF’s internship database!
If you would like to be eligible to start your internship in 2017, please apply between 1 November 2016 and 30 September 2017.
Please keep in mind: Even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement. Qualified candidates will be placed in UNICEFs Internship database which is accessed by UNICEF managers globally. If you are applying for more than one location, the online application will allow you to choose the New York Headquarters location as well as up to three other field locations outside New York. If an exciting opportunity matching to your profile and interests arise, you will be contacted directly.
Internship dates and duration
To be eligible for an internship with UNICEF, you have to apply to its internship database. When completing your application, you will be asked to indicate:
- A time period in the current year when you are available to start your internship,
- Your preferred functional areas; and
- The location you would like to be considered for.
Please make sure to always keep the information in your profile up-to-date, as the database is being refreshed every year.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The duration of an internship with UNICEF is between six weeks and six months.
For more details on the Internship Programme, please see the section’s FAQ.
To APPLY NOW click here.