Accounts Officer Job – International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Uganda
Tracking Code: 20120262
- Job Description
- Position: Accounts Officer
- Project: REACH-Uganda Project
- Duty Post: Kampala
- Grade: 6
- Duration: Four year project
- The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a Public International Organization governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC is recruiting staff for the 4-year REACH-Uganda Project, funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala.
- IFDC is recruiting Accounts Officer, whose core responsibility will be to provide financial and administrative management support for the Project. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for supporting the finance manager to ensure that funds are spent compliantly and reasonable within the limits of pre-agreed budgets.
- Ensure that all project financial data are kept up-date and that interested parties get accurate and timely feedbacks/reports
- Provide accurate coding at transaction level to ensure that expenditure monitoring is accurate and data is captured in the right cost and sub-cost centers
- Assist Finance Manager to prepare draft financial reports to be reviewed internally, before submission to HQ/donors.
- Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey financial information and/or to correct transactions
- Certified Public Accountant 1 section 3, or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including Accounting, Commerce or Financial Management
- At least three years working experience in a similar position with an international organization
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong communication skills
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in accounting software packages
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, deliver quality results and meet deadlines
- Honesty and integrity
Interested candidates should apply online. Complete position descriptions and application procedures can be found at https://ifdc.silkroad.com/ifdc/Employment_Listings.html
Deadline for submission is 3rd October 2016