20 February, 2017
Job Title: Officer Travel & Cost (Banking Uganda Jobs)
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Job ID: 21377
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Banking Uganda Jobs : Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets.
Banking Uganda Jobs : It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the development strategic policies and programs for corporate travel
- Organise timely travel arrangements including reservation and ticketing for air travel with high levels of service and relates operations. Handle any reimbursements
- Build and manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Support negotiation of contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Provide advice and key updates on travel documentation, insurance, related regulations etc.
- Regular reporting on Travel and Entertainment
- Ensure / Drive compliance in all aspects of travel policy and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement of travel processes and experience
- Understand the travel industry and associated the policy trends.
- Ensure that operational travel and expense teams administer the policy in a way that also greatly considers employee experience.
- Manage scope for travel and expense related tools that support the overall policy.
- Prepare monthly Cost and Travel reports for submission to the country EXCO
- Prepare intra week cost and accrual reviews
- Prepare weekly/monthly detailed analysis and commentary on travel and cost performance, identifying areas for improvement and corrective action;
- Tasked with monitoring travel and expenditure, making recommendations and appropriate action to ensure sound financial controls;
- Conduct required trend analysis, budget variance analysis and business analysis to extract insights to be used in making recommendations to EXCO
- Support in the preparation of the annual cost plans and budget
- Coordinate and determine enterprise travel needs and facilitate developing of travel plan, based on planned business activity
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Officer Travel & Cost career opportunity should hold a B.Com (Accounting/Finance) / 1st Class / 2nd Upper Degree in Business related field
- ACCA Level (2) will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in travel management
- 0 – 2 years banking experience
- Previous experience with analytical tools and spreadsheets
- Previous experience with Business case creation and review
- Good computer skills and presentations tools – PowerPoint
- Broad knowledge and understanding of international travel regulations and customs
- Knowledge of Travel and Cost reporting
- Working knowledge of corporate travel management solutions
- Previous exposure and experience in balancing financial and business performance and coaching non-financial managers will be an advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 24th February, 2017
Jobs in Uganda: Banking Uganda Jobs – Fresher Officer Travel & Cost Jobs – Stanbic Bank