UN Internships for Ugandans – Earn $700 monthly with FAO Internship Programme
Job Title: FAO Internship Programme (UN Internships for Ugandans)
Organization: Food and Agricultural Organisation
Primary Location : Various Locations
About the internship
- Are you interested in working for an International Organization?
- Are you willing to embark on a challenging opportunity that will enrich your personal as well as your professional experience?
If so, consider applying for an internship at FAO.
UN Internships for Ugandans: The Organization offers several options within its Headquarters and its decentralized offices worldwide to provide hands-on opportunities for students or young graduates to learn more about what FAO does.
General Requirements and qualifications
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Internships – Remuneration
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from FAO up to the amount of US$700. In some cases, the terms of sponsored internships may vary depending upon the agreement between FAO and the institution sponsoring the intern. Interns or sponsoring institutions are responsible for travel and visa costs.
FAO Internships – Important Considerations
- Duration: for individual applicants, the assignment usually ranges from three months to a maximum period of six months;
- Interns who are sponsored, the maximum duration of the internship is defined by the agreement between FAO and the sponsoring institution;
Applicants should apply to the Internship Programme only if they meet the minimum criteria.
How to Apply
Apply for the internships by clicking the link below:
Interested candidates must apply through iRecruitment by submitting an on-line application together with a motivation letter and evidence of attendance at a recognized University.
For more details, please visit the Internship FAQ page.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted by FAO.
Deadline: 02/Mar/2019, 12:59:00 AM