24 October, 2017
TITLE: 4 Clerks (Technicians) – Bank Of Uganda Jobs 2017
RANK: BANKING ASSISTANT II
REPORTS TO: HEAD TECHNICAL SERVICES SECTION
JOB REF: CD 6.04
Bank Of Uganda Jobs 2017: Applications are invited from qualified Ugandans to fill the following positions in the Currency Department, Bank of Uganda;
Bank Of Uganda Jobs 2017: To carry out operational tasks to support the Technical Services Section to realize efficient provision of currency processing machines technical services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To carry-out preventive & corrective maintenance on all currency processing & handling machines.
- To respond to and solve technical problems arising during the processing cycle.
- To provide technical support during currency processing/verification (Banknotes and coins) and destruction (oft-line shredding & briquetting).
Prepare the currency machines maintenance reports and spare pans inventory.
- To identity requirements for machine spare parts and consumables and initiate related orders.
- To provide relevant planning support to the Head of the Technical Services Section.
- To carry out basic training of operators on currency processing and handling machines.
- Serviced and well maintained Currency processing machines.
- Up to date spares inventory system.
- Monthly reports of machine performance.
- A Higher Diploma in Electrical with a bias in Electronics or Electro mechanics.
- industrial working experience of at least 1 year.
- Experience with Currency processing equipment is an added advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety procedures
- Computer skills are essential.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Ability to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical users and stake holders
- Report writing skills
- Very good awareness of and responsiveness to risk.
- Proven high levels of personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Proven Team competencies
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers and non-technical members.
- Attention to detail Salary and Beneﬁts for these positions are generous and attractive.
Application letters must be accompanied by:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates MUST use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae Format other than the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format shall be disqualiﬁed.
- Copies of academic qualiﬁcations, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names and contacts of three referees.
The job description and BoU Curriculum Vitae format are available on the BoU website under Careers in BoU via this link
Job application procedure
Applications should be hand delivered to the Bank Of Uganda Headquarters, Plot 37/45 Kampala Road and should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resource Department,
Bank of Uganda, P.0 Box 7120, Kampala
To reach NOT later than Monday 6th November 2017, 5:00pm
Only Successful candidates will be contacted.