8 November, 2017
Job Title: Program Support Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2017
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Area Coordinator
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2017: World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2017: The Program Support Assistant will provide administrative support services to World Vision Uganda and facilitate in the conducive running of the administration systems at the field office in line with the World Vision Uganda Policies and Procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- In charge of managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up to in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times.
- Tasked with maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Provide related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Ensure that office is kept tidy and clean.
Support to Staff:
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Actively facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
Support to meeting/fora:
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Tasked with planning for and managing logistics for regional meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
- Maintain an up to date database of all guests coming into the field office
- Plan for guest logistics: Transport, accommodation, scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guests’ general needs like shopping, church service.
- Tasked with following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Draft regional monthly report for PM’s review and submission to ROM within the stipulated timelines.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Program Support Assistant job opportunity should hold a University degree in any business discipline
- Good computer literacy i.e. proficiency in applications like MS Office and data base management
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relational and communication skills.
- Show commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 10th November 2017