MSH Uganda Jobs – Graduate No Experience Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Job title: Monitoring & Evaluation Intern – MSH Uganda Jobs
Reports To: Senior M&E Advisor
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
MSH Uganda Jobs: Under the guidance of the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, the intern will contribute significantly to the implementation of the M&E system of the USAID funded Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC). S/he will work together with the M&E Advisor and program staff to ensure that all relevant reports are compiled as per the set timelines, support program teams in the management and analysis of data routinely collected and submitted into the Pharmaceutical Information Portal(PIP) and District health information system(DHIS2) , Extract data needed for the compilation of Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning plan(AMELP) indicator figures needed for tracking progress towards attainment of program objectives and routine reporting to USAID and other stakeholders. The opportunity will help build his or her program monitoring and evaluation skills through exposure to a variety of different programs and activities.
About Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Roles and responsibilities
- support staff to assess the information needs to determine key issues and requirements of the M&E system
- Support routinely compilation of indicator data needed for tracking program progress
- Support analysis and interpretation of data from multiple databases to explain trends and discuss possible effects of implemented interventions with relevant technical managers
- Participate in research studies and evaluations conducted by the program to inform program level decision making
- Other responsibilities as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field required
- Knowledge of statistical programs like STATA or SPSS preferred
- A high level of computer literacy particularly in spreadsheets required
- Excellent writing and analytical skills required
- Advanced quantitative skills required
- Ability to work with teams and meet deadlines
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit online applications via the link below;
Deadline: 17th May 2019.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Fresher Jobs Uganda Disclaimer:
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within a month or less, your application was most likely unsuccessful.