IRC Uganda Jobs – 4 Diploma Health Information Assistants
Job Title: 4 Health Information Assistants – IRC Uganda Jobs
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kyegegwa, Uganda
IRC Uganda Jobs: Under the guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Health Information Assistant will be based in the field and shall be responsible for providing smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making. S/he will record data, provide guidance on data recording, compilation, use, reporting and management. S/he will produce and submit periodic health activity reports.
- Ensure availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
- Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
- Register all patients, classify/tally and summarize the data according to the acceptable reporting formats.
- Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
- Prepare and timely submit daily, weekly and monthly data from all facility departments for making reports.
- Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff by organizing CME sessions, mentorships and review meetings on data management.
- Participate in capacity building activities (Trainings, Orientations, Mentorship, meetings).
- Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma or certificate in Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive experience in health record management.
- Applied Knowledge in use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
- Good Computer skills including Ms Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to completely record, accurately compile and Produce timely reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Flexible and able to work with team in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Good standard of spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to speak any of the languages spoken in South Sudan is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the below.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 24.05.2019.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.