Several No Experience Credit Officers (Individual Lending) Jobs – Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer – Individual Lending will be responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients’ homes and business to assess credit worthiness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicants will be marketing the Individual lending product.
- In charge of client mobilization, sensitization and training.
- Responsible for the preparation of credit applications for credit committees according to policy.
- In charge of loan disbursement according to policy.
- Expeditiously follow- up and recovery of loans according to policy.
- Ensuring proper filing of all Individual Lending documentation.
- Actively contribute positive to branch performance by continuously achieving all set targets.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- All candidates for the Credit Officer – Individual Lending jobs must hold Diplomas in Commerce, Development Economics, Economics, Development Studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services and Business Computing, International Business, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management Social Science, SWASA, Education, Microfinance, Adult and Community Education, Community Psychology or in any other relevant / related field.
- The candidates should possess two principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- All candidates with experience will be at an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle, should possess a riding permit and / or process one within a period not exceeding three months of probation.
- The applicants should be willing to work in any part of the country.
- All candidates should be ready to challenge themselves to continuously deliver exceptional performance.
- Highly computer literate, highly motivated, innovative and a self-starter.
- Possess excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess leadership skills.
- The applicants must also be honest, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
- The candidates should be fluent in commonly used local languages.
- Age: Less than 30 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016