Reports to: Regional HR/OPs Administrator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 1,790,994 to 2,297,190 gross per month
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with local people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security. We do this by supporting effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others. We have a strong thematic focus to our conflict prevention work prioritising: people’s security and access to justice services; gender norms that cause and perpetuate violent conflict; the impact of external conflict drivers including weapons flows; conflict-sensitive political, economic, development, and security engagement; and inclusive and accountable governance and peacebuilding processes.
Job Summary: The Admin Assistant will mainly ensure the smooth running of Saferworld office in Kampala. S/he will provide logistical, HR and administrative support to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- will ensure all the relevant documents are filed as per Saferworld Personnel file checklist
- Coordinate logistics for all recruitment in consultation with the Regional Administrator
- Assist in ensuring that all staff leave
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general running of the office, ensuring office equipment is maintained, and stocks of office supplies are maintained within budgets
- Support in devising and implementing administrative systems and operational procedures
- Support in ensuring that resources are being used efficiently.
- Support in all administrative in country
Logistics and procurement:
- Undertake local procurement tasks and procedural paperwork as required
- Offer technical support in all travel bookings including flights
Human Resources: The Admin Assistant ensures forms are completed and filed.
- Ensure efficient IT services are provided, liaising with Saferworld’s IT consultant in Kampala when necessary.
- Ensure IT records are backed-up and stored.
- The jobholder will troubleshoot minor IT problems for staff as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the Saferworld Admin Assistant job opportunity should hold relevant experience and skills in administration
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a complete application form, download here and send to email@example.com (please use subject heading: AAKLA)
Deadline: 27th November 2016 by 5pm (Uganda time)