Position: Child protection Assistant
Report to: Child protection Facilitator
Location: West Nile (Yumbe, Imvepi, Omugo)
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Uganda Jobs: To facilitate the implementation of Early Childhood Development activities and child friendly spaces, including community engagements.
- Motivate and ensure teamwork among case workers, CFS and ECD animators for greater ministry impact, in the community.
- Support community based child protection and education systems, children groups and stake holders in advocating for child protection, participation, and psychosocial care within the CFSs/ECDs.
- Facilitate the integration of social cohesion activities with within the refugee settlements and host communities.
- Handle visitors including donors, support office and national office staff, stakeholders, in line with the child protection policy and behavioral protocol.
- Work with children, foster families and communities to design and deliver support for children in their communities and at the child friendly spaces according to the agreed plan of actions.
- Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Mobilize community meetings with children and key stakeholders at all implementation levels
- Build the capacity of case workers, CFS/ECD caregivers and animators
- Facilitate case management, and data collection in line with the required and approved standards at the CFS/ECD centres
- Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding caregivers, community members and children participation in activities at the CFSs/ECD centres and children clubs.
- Supervise CFS/ECD implementation as per the minimum children in emergencies protection standards.
- Facilitate community to establish systems aimed at strengthening community capacity in responding to SBGV and child abuse cases in the refugee settlements.
- Mobilise communities to identify children with disabilities and also model families for the projects implementation.
- Facilitate activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on the IASC and WVI standards.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports and submit them to the relevant authorities
- Technical and Capacity Building
- Mentor and build the capacity of children, community caregivers, animators/Caregivers, community structures in child protection, positive parenting, peaceful coexistence and the learning frame work using approved approached and models.
- Support communities, community structures, animators, partners and children in maintaining the minimum standards for child participation and care.
- Develop tools to manage data and information collection and analysis in establishing and maintaining a Monitoring and Evaluation adherences
- Document impact and success stories evidenced with quality pictures to share milestone with staff, partners and donors
- Regular updates and monitoring of the CFS/ECD to ensure technical support is given in regard to play equipment and materials as per the global minimum standards.
- Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership, peaceful coexistence and sustainability.
- Facilitate advocacy forums led by children on issues affecting them. The forums are aimed at awareness creation and sensitization of communities
- Partnership, Networking & Advocacy:
- Represent the organization in settlement sector meetings and cluster coordination meetings giving updates and progress of implementation and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and keep the coordinator informed
- Develop a network of information gathering relevant to child protection, participation and psychosocial operations.
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the Counties and district level
- Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring
- Prepare concepts notes, project activity budgets, expenditure, preparation of activity quarterly financial and narrative reports as per the grant guidelines. and submit them within the agreed timeframes.
- Preparation of payment, advance and purchase requests for appropriate project transactions in line with approved M&E documents.
- File all accountability and attendance lists in line with audit requirements
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, community psychology, business administration or any equivalent.
- A one years’ experience in working with refugees, peace building basic education and nutrition
- Must be ready to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of implementation on child friendly spaces, peace building, education in emergencies and psychosocial care
- Appropriate communication skill and approachable
- Must have no history of violation of child protection in emergencies
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online via the link below;
Deadline: 7th December, 2018