Job Title: 3 Student Interns
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Tororo, Kamuli
Reports to: Community Development Facilitator
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Plan International Uganda Jobs 2019: Internship is a process that exposes the students to the working environment and enables him/her to apply his/her competencies and skills in performing project assignments that are in line with their career aspirations. The program is designed in such a way that it provides the intern opportunity to interact with experienced employees to enhance their confidence in performing the responsibilities in the assignment and professional growth with ultimate intention of enabling them to face the challenges of the labour market with confidence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in mobilization of the communities for any planned activity as they work together with project point person.
- Gives support to the project point person during the facilitation process in terms of trainings, meetings and community dialogues.
- Participate in home visits while working together with respective CDF and the community volunteers this exposes him/or her to gain interaction skills in guidance and counseling.
- She or he is expected to provide weekly work plans and the internship report to the attached supervisor in the organization and to the institutional supervisor.
- Takes up to perform any other responsibility as may be requested and assigned by the supervisor and other staff to promote team work and good working environment within work place and organization.
- The intern shall declare that all works carried out during the internship duration remain the property of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International Student Intern job vacancy must be university students in 2nd or 3rd year. The university should recommend you, please attaché the university letter.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language. Capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles.
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
For Tororo internship; Click Here
For Kampala Internship: Click Here
For Kamuli Internship: Click Here
Deadline: 5th April 2019