Job Title: Finance Intern – War child Uganda Jobs 2019
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Accountant
About War Child Holland:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
War child Uganda Jobs 2019: The position will support in all financial transactions and administration for the Kampala office as follows;
- Record all financial transactions are in accordance with War Child Holland’s policies and procedures and deliver timely, reliable and accurate high-quality accounting and reporting activities.
- Ensure the monitoring and collection of receivable and payable.
- Responsible for petty cash management.
- Comply with local laws and statutory audit and financial reporting requirements as well as WCH and donors’ policies and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities
Financial Accounting, Management and Reporting
- Perform petty cash projects forecast and money request preparation in close coordination with line manager.
- Submit monthly cash flow needs timely
- Make proper, accurate and timely cash/bank reconciliations;
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in cashbook, bankbook and UNIT4 on a daily basis and ensure that all financial data is properly entered and closely monitor.
- Make correct account codes and fund codes entries for each transaction as per WCH’s Global Finance Manual and Uganda Finance SOP;
- Ensure petty cash thresholds are well determined and followed before making any payments to staff or vendors.
- Ensure all documents have been sufficiently approved and signed by authorised persons before making payments;
- Ensure disbursement (cheque or cash) request form is adequately supported by documentation and has been properly approved, check the mathematical accuracy of the invoice;
- Communicate accounts on a weekly bases to the line manager with the monthly accounting schedule as per Finance Procedures;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of vouchers and archiving of accounting and financial documents in compliance with Finance procedures;
- Review all sub-ledger balances on a weekly basis and collect outstanding receivables;
- Ensure that reminders for all outstanding receivable are sent to staff responsible and make follow up on the collection;
- Ensure that all cash receipts are recorded and booked promptly and intact;
- Ensure that all deductions where applicable are done on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that the sub-office has cash at all times and maintaining minimum balances and respecting maximum limits in the accounts;
- Ensure that all sub-office finance related issues that may arise out of the monthly financial review are followed up and addressed conclusively;
- Should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Administration or any related field from a recognised university.
- At least 6 months of finance training from a recognised institution is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify critical financial issues with the capacity to pay attention to details.
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards put them in practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
- Good, proven experience in excel.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism.
- MUST have recently completed a University degree and not more than 30 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Deadline: 2nd June 2019