ATCG Solutions Uganda – No Experience Lab Technician Intern
Job Title: Laboratory Technician Intern – ATCG Solutions Uganda
Organization: ATCG Solutions (ATCG)
About ATCG Solutions Uganda (ATCG)
ATCG Solutions Uganda (ATCG) is a biotechnology company headquartered in Uganda that provides quality DNA isolation, amplification and sequencing technologies to researchers and diagnosticians in East and Central Africa. ATCG’s goal is to be a leading regional hub for high-quality DNA processing while ensuring adaptability and accessibility across Africa.
The intern will assist the laboratory technicians to carry out the work that contributes to the advancement and development of modern medicine and science.
Roles and responsibilities
- Complete all necessary laboratory training as assigned by the Personnel In charge.
- Assist in the maintenance of the lab and operate standard laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, arbitrators, pipetting machines, pH meters etc.
- Sample collection, and sample processing.
- Assist with some clerical work such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and reorganizing.
- Edit forms with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Work with research participants.
- Assist with other errands for the position.
- Must have completed a BSc. Degree in the related field
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about Science
- Ability to follow instructions and carry out laboratory tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with the staff of the hospital, peers, and other members of the project team
- Strong commitment to work
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and willing to learn
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
How to apply:
Interested applicants should email a single PDF including cover letter, copies of academic qualifications, curriculum vitae and license to email@example.com and should be addressed to the;
The Human Resource Administrator
ATCG SOLUTIONS Plot M217,
Mukwaya road, Industrial area Nakawa,
P.O Box 21338, Kampala
Deadline; Not later than July 12th, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.