Job Title: 9 Legal Metrology Assistants – UNBS Jobs 2019
Department: 6 under electricity meter section and 3 under Bulk measure section
Organization: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
About Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
UNBS Jobs 2019: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives responsible for standardization, Quality Assurance, Metrology and Laboratory Testing (SQMT) with the objective of facilitating fair trade, promoting local industries and Consumer protection.
Roles and responsibilities:
a) Reporting to the Electricity Meter Section In-charge, the successful candidates shall be required to perform the following duties;
- Receive and record electricity meter submissions.
- Prepare the electricity meter for testing
- Keep the meter store and handling areas clean and tidy.
- Follow the provided steps in the area.
- Maintain toolbox tools in proper operating conditions.
- Keep track of seals or stickers utilisation assigned.
b) Reporting to the Bulk Measures (RIG) section In charge, the successful candidates shall be required to perform the following duties;
- Clean verification equipment including provers, the rig, hosepipes and tanks.
- Offload all water from the trucks after verification.
- Direct trucks to proper packing place before and after verification.
- Assist in servicing verification equipment.
- Maintain good custody of tools and equipment used at the rig.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Craft Level III training the Electrical, Mechanical or automotive engineering.
- Ability to read and write in English and to read basic engineering drawings or electricity meter connection drawings.
- Able to handle and operate simple workshop tools such as screwdrivers, spanners and ratchets.
- Able to regularly lift 15kg of load, to work long periods while standing and move up-down.
- At least one (1) year working experience
- Age: Between 20 and 30 years
- The successful candidate must be presentable, a person of integrity, with good communication ability, a high level of professionalism and a team player and to work extra time.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
- Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 14th October 2019, 5.00pm