Job Title: 12 Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs
Organization: Makerere University College of Business and Management Sciences (CoBAMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Makerere University Profile:
Makerere University, College of Business and Management Sciences, School of Statistics and Planning (SSP) has been funded by the Government of Uganda to undertake a project on investigating drug use among motorcyclists (Boda Boda) in Kampala. The project is based at the Department of Population Studies, SSP and is looking for qualified individuals to fill the position of Research Assistant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit research participants.
- Administer informed consent and conduct research interviews in line with the research project.
- Review research tools to ensure completeness and accuracy of the information provided by the research participants.
- Recommend drug-impaired research participants for medical rehabilitation and provide them with the necessary contacts.
- Perform other duties related to data collection and management.
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Population Studies, Statistics, Social Sciences, Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Work and Social Administration or any other related disciplines.
- Previous exposure and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Proficiency in both English and Luganda
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver outputs under minimum supervision
- Good teamwork attributes
- Experience with the use of tablets for data collection would be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the Makerere University Jobs – 12 Research Assistants:
hand-deliver them to the Secretary, Department of Population Studies (Mathematics Building Room 106) SSP, Makerere University.
Deadline: 13th December 2019
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.