QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
Implemented by the QED Group, the USAID-funded Uganda Learning Activity (ULA) aims to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its Implementing Partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting, to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring, and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality, and cost-effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day administration and data entry of QED’s Uganda Learning Activity’s finance tasks. The role supports the Finance and Accounting team to implement effective and efficient financial management controls in collaboration with the QED Group home office Finance and Accounting team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed, and recorded in QuickBooks with supporting documentation in line with the QED Chart of Accounts
- Help ensure that expenses are in accordance with U.S. Government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), and QED policies and procedures
- Review expense reports, mobile money request forms, travel advances, and other requests against support documentation
- Support the Finance and Accounting team in processing payroll and preparing social charges (NSSF) and tax remittances (PAYE) for staff each month
- Support the Finance and Accounting team in performing monthly bank reconciliations and making sure the QED accounts are matched with the monthly bank statements
- Support the Finance and Accounting team to manage all financial transactions, including funds transfers from QED, local currency exchange, and estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures for the budget forecast
- Conduct research as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or related area (e.g., accounting, management, or compliance)
- The candidate must have a minimum 1-3 years of experience in a relevant accounting or finance position with a USAID implementing partner and be skilled in USAID’s policies and procedures in regard to financial management and compliance
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
How to Apply For QED Uganda Jobs – Finance Assistant
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application here.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letters and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Feb/28/2020