Job Title: Records Assistant – UNMA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Records Assistant
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA):
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) is a statutory body established by UNMA Act, 2012. The Act empowers UNMA to provide for the control and development of technically sound and scientific meteorological services in Uganda.
The Records Assistant will keep files, correspondences and records and dispatch emails to relevant Officers for action.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Classification and cataloguing of records as per the Authority guidelines.
- Maintenance of physical control and security over records to prevent damages loss, theft, pilferage of records.
- Preparing and updating records databases, indexes and filing plan in line with the Authority guidelines.
- Tracing all records ensuring that action is taken and all records returned to the archive.
- Receiving, filing, shelving, and retrieving documents.
- Receive, register and route incoming mails;
- File and store correspondences for future references;
- Keep stock of records for easy tracking and retrieval;
- Retrieve files as and when required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- At least a Certificate in Records/Archives Management or Library and Information Science or any other qualification in the field of records/Archives and information management from a recognized awarding Institution.
- At least two years of experience in records management
- Information Communication and Technology;
- Records and information management;
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Time Management; and
- Result Oriented.
- Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply For UNMA Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Records Assistant:
All applications must be accompanied with recent CVs detailing work experience, present position, and current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include a copy of their National Identity Card and three (3) referees (including their names, workplace and contact details).
Females are encouraged to apply and Applications should be physically delivered to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Meteorological Authority,
Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road, Luzira.
P.O Box 7025
Deadline: 23rd March 2020 by 5:00 pm.