Job Title: Accounts Assistant – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Controller
Ministry of Health Uganda:
The Ministry of Health is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for planning, delivering, and maintaining an efficient and effective healthcare delivery system, including preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services, in a humane, affordable, and sustainable manner.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Centres tor Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will he supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff.
The Accounts Assistant will be Performing basic accounting processes including preparing books of accounts, keeping custody of accounting transaction, maintaining records and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, posting and maintain cashbooks, subsidiary ledgers, general ledger and producing books of accounts on monthly basis.
- Preparing and processing VAT schedules on monthly basis.
- Preparing Cashbook and bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis
- Filing of finance records including payment vouchers with their accountabmties and any other financial documents
- Supporting external and internal audits and the implementation of audit recommendations
- Maintaining and updating asset and inventory register and preparing quarterly reports.
- Participating in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial and Management reports (Federal and GoU reports)
- Ensuring sale custody of finance accountable documents, reports and records
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor
- Up to -date Books of accounts. Preparing, posting and maintaining cashbooks and ledgers.
- Preparing VAT schedules
- Preparing pay change reports and payrolls
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Updating and maintaining the Asset and Inventory Register.
- Monthly financial and management reports
- Safe custody of financial records
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), Bachelor of Commerce or related Accounting qualification.
- Three (3) years of relevant previous working experience is a must
- Good knowledge of tax regulations in Uganda
- Good knowledge of USG procurement and grants management procedures
- Proficient in Excel, tally or any other accounting systems
- Good knowledge of public sector accounting systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply For Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs – Accounts Assistant:
All suitable qualified Ugandans please fill the positions listed below tenable at MOH Headquarters. Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the address below between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters [At the Reception)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya, Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
All applications should bear the title and the number of the post being applied for. Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/ employers
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position
Only shortlisted candidates will lie contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will he displayed on the MOH Notice-Board
All the posts have an attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline: 6th March 2020