- The ideal applicants for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Intern – Archives and Records Management jobs should;
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with the relevant university degree within one year period at the time of taking up the internship, if selected.
- Applicants must have studied any of the following degree programmes; Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences or Bachelor of Records and Archives Management.
- Applicants must be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in this internship programme.
- Other internship experience in an office environment, especially in a public institution, international organization and/or non-governmental organization.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
The Cover Letter must include:
- Degree Programme (what did you study or what are you studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply For UN RSCE Entebbe Jobs 2020 – 10 No Experience Interns:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
NB: Please enter the reference of the job opening in the subject line of your e-mail. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted based on the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission. The position is OPEN TO NATIONALS OF UGANDA AND / OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA ONLY.
Deadline: 18th March 2020