Job Title: Finance and Administration Associate – Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Solidaridad Uganda
Solidaridad Uganda Profile:
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market-driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
The Finance and Administration Associate assists the Finance and Administration Officer in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions. From time to time the Finance Associate may be required to provide administrative support. The Finance and Administration Associate Finance Associate reports directly to the Finance and Administration Officer and works closely with the Regional Senior Finance Manager at regional level. At the country office level, the Finance and Administration Associate works closely with the Country Projects Manager, Regional Senior Finance Manager, Regional Finance Manager and Regional HR Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process and prepare financial and project reports for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Review and adhere to department and project budgets.
- Perform routine accounting to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer in overseeing and managing country accounting.
- Creating, sending, and following- up on invoices.
- Help in collecting and entering data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Reconcile any discrepancies and errors identified.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to proper authorities.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees.
- Assist the finance manager in creating financial reports on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Answers questions and provide assistance to stakeholders as needed.
- Attend finance department and organization-wide meetings if need be and assist with financial reporting to project managers and senior executives.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- CPA(U)/ ACCA.
- At least one (1) year experience.
- Understanding of accounting software, systems and standards.
- Understand the funding environment and funder requirements.
- Accounting skills.
- Financial reporting and commercial acumen.
- Computer skills: proficient at using excel and accounting software.
- Problem-solving orientation and analytical thinking.
- Proactive in asking questions and asking for help when needed.
- Integrity and honesty
How to Apply for Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher Finance & Admin Associate:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: *“Finance and Administration Associate – Uganda”
Deadline: 25th March 2020